All Non-Executive Directors of the Trust must be a member of one of its public member constituencies.
Public members may come from:
- St. Helens and Knowsley
- Cheshire West and Chester
- Warrington and Halton
- Wirral and the rest of England
If you are not already a member of the Trust, please click here to join.
Anyone who is a member of the Trust’s staff constituency is not eligible to stand for a Non-Executive position.
You may not become, or continue, on the Trust’s Board of Directors if:
- You are a member of the Council of Governors, or a governor or director of a health service body;
- you are the spouse, partner, parent or child of a member of the Board of Directors of the Trust;
- you are a member of a committee of a local authority that has any role in scrutinising health matters;
- you are subject to a sex offender order;
- you have been adjudged bankrupt or their estate has been sequestrated and in either case you have not been discharged;
- you are a person in relation to whom a moratorium period under a debt relief order applies (under Part 8A of the Insolvency Act 1986);
- you have made a composition or arrangement with, or granted a trust deed for, their creditors and have not been discharged in respect of it;
- you have within the preceding five years been convicted in the British Islands of any offence, and a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of three months or more (without the option of a fine) was imposed;
- you are the subject of a disqualification order made under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986;
- in the case of a non-executive Director, you are no longer a member of one of the public constituencies;
- you are a person whose tenure of office as a Chair or as a member or director of a health service body has been terminated on the grounds that their appointment is not in the interests of the health service, for non attendance at meetings, or for nondisclosure of a pecuniary interest;
- you have within the preceding two years been dismissed, otherwise than by reason of redundancy, from any paid employment;
- in the case of a non-executive Director you have refused without reasonable cause to fulfil any training requirement established by the Board of Directors; or
- you have refused to sign and deliver to the Secretary a statement in the form required by the Board of Directors confirming acceptance of the code of conduct for Directors.
You can view the Fit and Proper Person Person Declaration here.
The criteria are included in the Trust’s Constitution, the full version of which is available here.